In the latest edition of the Nuggets Ink podcast, Mike Singer and The Athletic’s Sam Amick break down all angles of the Jamal Murray injury. Among the topics discussed:
- When Murray went down with 50 seconds left in the Golden State game, Amick didn’t want to believe it was as bad as it looked. He didn’t even want to focus on the potential injury when Steph Curry had just made history for the Warriors.
- Why did Murray’s torn ACL have a more profound impact on Amick than other similar injuries? How do journalists toe the line between objectivity and building a relationship with a player? Why do journalists root for the people in the NBA and not necessarily the teams they play for?
- What are the immediate implications of Murray’s injury this season and what does success look like from Denver’s perspective in the postseason?
- What impact will Murray’s injury have heading into next season, and when can we expect his return? Would Murray’s status alter free agent decisions for Will Barton, JaMychal Green or Paul Millsap? How does the Aaron Gordon trade factor into the Nuggets’ championship window?
- The best-case scenario for Murray might be Bulls superstar Zach LaVine. The worst-case might be former MVP Derrick Rose.
- What does Murray’s injury do to Nikola Jokic’s MVP chances?
- Amick and Singer break down their favorite memories from working together at USA Today, including the great Gordon Hayward free agent debacle.
Subscribe to the podcast
SoundCloud | iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS
Credit: Source link